Williamson Medical Center
At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just another number. To us, they’re family. They’re smart, talented, compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We’re certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so must we. That’s why we want YOU to join our family!
To perform cardiopulmonary and neurological diagnostic studies and provide pulmonary therapeutic modalities for assigned inpatients and outpatients at Williamson Medical Center.
Formal Education / Training:
1. Earned a Cardio Respiratory Care diploma or degree from a college or university; RRT only.
2. Registered/Certified by the NBRC or 1 year of Respiratory Care experience.
3. Tennessee State license with ABG endorsed.
4. NRP, PALS, ACLS certified within 6 months of hire.
5. BLS within 90 days of hire.
Patient Care Delivery
Equipment and Skills Training:
Network Computer System; Blood Gas Machine; Pulse Oximetry; IPPB Machine; Adult, Pediatric, & Infant Ventilators; EKG Machine; Holter Monitor; CPAP/BiPAP; PFT Machines; Bronchoscope; Infant Intubation; Meditech OE System.
Office and all areas pertinent to Respiratory Therapy.
1. Communicates in English both verbally and in writing.
2. Able to stand and walk for up to twelve hours a day.
3. Able to lift with assistance up to 250 lbs.
1.Performs a comprehensive assessment on all patients utilizing skills of observation, communication and examination; including data from patient, family and other members of healthcare team
2. Plans for the patient’s care on an individual basis, identifying problems/needs, standards of care/practice, interventions consistent with identified problems and attainable outcomes
3. Safely administers and documents medications and patient’s response to medications according to established procedures as evidenced by lack of errors or patterns. Reports abnormal findings or critical values according to established policy
4. Reassess patient’s condition, evaluates response, communicates as necessary to the care team, recommends alternate interventions for respiratory care to Provider, documents accurately and timely, and modifies plan of care accordingly.
5. Plans for patient teaching, discharge and post discharge needs as appropriate for the patient population, and delivers education to patients and family as appropriate.
6. Functions independently with treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to areas evidence by adherence to policy, procedure and competency based assessment with no pattern or trend of problem.
7. Maintains healing and therapeutic environment for the patient and family
8. Monitors and maintains equipment and supplies. Verifies equipment is working properly and supply stock is appropriate.
9. Initiate and maintain adjunct airways/Edited orders documented with correct changes
10. Facilitates staff development – including assist with orientation and training of respiratory personnel and accepts charge responsibilities and assigns staff with consideration of patient condition and care requirement.
11. Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communications and departmental educational programs and in-services
12.. Maintains position specific qualifications
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed