We Are Hiring:
*** Now offering 24 hour + 12 hour shift a week***
Why join Ascension St Vincent as a Critical Care Respiratory Therapist? St.Vincent offers a comprehensive team of dedicated critical care transport professionals. Our critical care transport teams are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS). Critical Care Transport program provides 24-hour pediatric, neonatal and Maternal Fetal Medicine critical transport services. Our team is one of the few teams in the country capable of transporting neonates on high frequency oscillation and nitric oxide. Come join our amazing group of Critical Care Transport Respiratory Therapists!
Day/Night/Holiday 24/7 Operation
What You Will Do:
Provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiency during air or surface transport.
- Identify, assess, administer medication to, and stabilize the ill or injured patient during transport.
- Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medication and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition.
- Inspect and maintain equipment and supplies to ensure safety of the transport team and patients.
- May be required to drive an ambulance to transport patients and/or supplies.
- Communicate with the referring and receiving medical professionals, providing safe hand-off for all patients being transported and actively communicating assessments, interventions, and outcomes.
- Actively educate patients, families, and the multidisciplinary care team on plan of care and safest transport caveats.
- Comply with Air Medical vendor limitations and physical requirements.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date Required. (ACLS)
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date Required.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date Required.
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date Required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date Required.
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. or Respiratory Care Practitioner prior to 1993. (RRT) Required
One or more of the following Required:
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Neonatal Pediatric Transport credentialed from the National Certification Corporation (NCC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. (C-NPT)
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. (RRT-NPS)
- Minimum Qualification: High School Diploma or equivalent and Graduate of a Respiratory Care program
by hire date or job transfer date.
- Minimum Qualification: Three years of experience in Level III/IV NICU or PICU.
- Preferred Qualification: Five years of experience in Level III/IV NICU or PICU.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Serving the greater Indianapolis area and Evansville, Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent has been providing rewarding careers in healthcare for over 148 years. We operate 24 hospitals — in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more — and offer careers in a wide range of services. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. When you join Ascension St. Vincent, you join a diverse team of more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers who are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all — especially to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension St. Vincent is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed