Southeast Georgia Health System
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Interested in working for the Golden Isles' healthcare provider and employer of choice?
Throughout the many locations that make up the Southeast Georgia Health System network, there is a common thread that pulls everything together: A team of committed professionals like you. These individuals appreciate the value of every person who walks through our doors, and are the key to our culture of Service Excellence.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), you will provide direct care to patients using the respiratory process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. You will be responsible for managing the care of assigned patients. You will develop and maintain positive relationships with our patients, guests, other team members, and medical staff by striving for excellence in service and quality. For our team members, this is more than a career – it's a calling.
You will be responsible for:
- Setting up and administering intermittent respiratory therapy procedures, including IPPB, Chest PT, Incentive Spirometer, Hand held nebulizers, MDI and Oxygen therapy as prescribed by the physician and in accordance to standards set forth in the clinical practice guidelines.
- Introducing and maintaining airway access and stabilization. Setting up and administering ventilator support via mechanical ventilation, CPAP, or BIPAP, as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with standards set forth in the clinical practice guidelines.
- Performing arterial puncture according to standards set forth in the clinical practice guidelines. Performs analysis of arterial, mixed venous and capillary blood via existing equipment in a timely fashion. Follows current policy on how to handle specimens.
- Initiating, maintaining and operating all monitoring equipment, including pulse oximetry, end tidal carbon dioxide, peak flow meter, NIP manometers, and respirometers. Troubleshoot all equipment.
- Documenting all respiratory therapy records in a complete fashion, including all pertinent patient data. Documentation to include participation in multidisciplinary notes and education flow sheets.
- Demonstrating skill sufficient to assemble, install, disassemble, and clean all patient care monitor, devices, and instruments.
What you will need:
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Current RCP license to practice in the State of Georgia.
- American Heart Association BLS required
- ACLS Certification required within 6 months of hire or transfer.
Why choose Southeast Georgia Health System?
- We are mission-focused to provide safe, quality, accessible, and cost-effective care to meet the health needs of the people and communities it serves
- Our workplace is as pleasant and rewarding as the setting we enjoy outside of work — imagine stepping out of your workspace and into a world of scenic beauty, outdoor recreational activities, mild winters, natural beaches, fine dining, and a full array of cultural and colonial historic attractions
- The chance to work within a culture that is collegial yet professional, has exceptional career-advancement potential, and work/life balance that is practically unparalleled
- Our facility will allow you to use, sharpen, and add to your skills without having to commute to a large city environment
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package which includes generous Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, and wellness programs (including free 24/7 access to an onsite gym).
- The ability to be a part of the prestigious Coastal Community Health, a regional affiliation between Baptist Health, Flagler Hospital and Southeast Georgia Health System. This collaboration forms a highly-integrated hospital network focused on significant initiatives designed to enhance the quality and value of care provided to our contiguous communities
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today to make a positive impact in the lives of our patients and families!
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed