St. David's Heart Hospital of Austin
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Respiratory Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Heart Hospital of Austin, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Heart Hospital of Austin we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Respiratory Therapist like you to be a part of our team.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) you will perform the critical care and diagnostic procedures utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary diseases on patients of all ages. As a member of the patient focused care team you will be responsible for performing basic respiratory equipment maintenance, quality control measures and other administrative or technical tasks.
- You will be responsible for setting up and operating various types of respiratory care equipment
- You will be perform a range of technical procedures related to cardiopulmonary hemodynamics
- You will demonstrate competency in proper airway care
- You will be able to assess patients appropriately, interpret results accurately, and suggest alternative respiratory treatment
- You will exhibit competency in the performance of routine patient assessment and in the ability to correctly recognize and interpret respiratory dysfunction
- You will function as a respiratory care protocol assessor by delivering therapy and reassessing patients in a timely manner and maintaining proper and accurate documentation
- You will communicate regularly with physicians and nurses about patient care plans and updates
Heart Hospital of Austin, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital and one of the highest performing cardiovascular facilities in the nation, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department; an advanced Executive Wellness Program; 6 operating rooms (ORs), including 3 hybrid ORs; 3 catheterization labs; and electrophysiology services. It is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world. As a smaller, specialty hospital, Heart Hospital of Austin offers a family-like work environment where most all employees know each other by name. As part of St. David’s HealthCare, it is one of seven of the area’s leading hospitals and part of one of the largest health systems in Texas. Heart Hospital of Austin is nationally recognized by numerous independent rating organizations for its excellence in clinical quality.
- IBM Watson Health – 50 TOP Cardiovascular Hospital (12 Time recipient)
- IBM Watson Health – 100 TOP Hospital in the Nation (5 time recipient)
- Healthgrades – America’s 100 Best Hospitals’ Award (4 consecutive years)
- Healthgrades – Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence (7 consecutive years)
- Healthgrades – Patient Safety Excellence Award -Top 5% (8 consecutive years)
- CMS – Five-Star Rating for Overall Hospital Quality (2 consecutive years)
We believe that excellent people make excellence happen. Be part of a team that puts the care and improvement of human life above all else.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Acute Care Hospital experience – preferred
- Graduate of an American Medical Association accredited Respiratory Therapy program
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Current Texas Respiratory Care Practitioner license
- Current certification as Basic Life Support provider
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – required within 90 days
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed