St. David's South Austin Medical Center
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Respiratory Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Respiratory Therapist like you to be a part of our team.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) you will perform the critical care and diagnostic procedures utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary diseases on patients of all ages. As a member of the patient focused care team you will be responsible for performing basic respiratory equipment maintenance, quality control measures and other administrative or technical tasks.
- You will be responsible for setting up and operating various types of respiratory care equipment
- You will be perform a range of technical procedures related to cardiopulmonary hemodynamics
- You will demonstrate competency in proper airway care
- You will be able to assess patients appropriately, interpret results accurately, and suggest alternative respiratory treatment
- You will exhibit competency in the performance of routine patient assessment and in the ability to correctly recognize and interpret respiratory dysfunction
- You will function as a respiratory care protocol assessor by delivering therapy and reassessing patients in a timely manner and maintaining proper and accurate documentation
- You will communicate regularly with physicians and nurses about patient care plans and updates
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute care facility with 334 beds, offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult blood and marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes all of the capabilities and programmatic elements of a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care with Level I and II nurseries; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Acute Care Hospital experience – preferred
- Graduate of an American Medical Association accredited Respiratory Therapy program
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Current Texas Respiratory Care Practitioner license
- Current certification as Basic Life Support provider
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification – required for NICU RRT Staff
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification – required for ICU RRT staff
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed