Department of Veterans Affairs
This RN position is located at the Bath VAMC campus.
Learn more about this agency
The RN Home Telehealth (HT) Care Coordinator (CC) is responsible for the documented outcomes at the program or service level. Outcomes must be broad and complex and demonstrated at organizational level in the facility, VISN, or VACO. Career path roles may include but are not limited to clinical nurse leader, nurse coordinator, nurse educator, expert clinician, nurse manager, nurse practitioner, or researcher. An HI Care Coordinator is a professional who coordinates care for a panel of patients throughout the continuum of care to assure that care is timely, appropriate, of high quality and cost effective. The HT CC works closely with the primary care provider (or providers) and other healthcare professionals and team members, other clinics, internal or external services and community agencies. They provide professional assessment, coordination and planning of multiple health care services; acts on behalf of the Veteran to assure that necessary clinical services are received, and that progress is being made. In addition, the Care Coordinator provides ongoing evaluation of care management services Role responsibilities and accountabilities also include demonstration of the knowledge and skills necessary to assess the care appropriate to the age-related needs of patients served in the home setting. This knowledge includes understanding changes associated with aging and principles of growth and development relevant to the adult and geriatric population. This Registered Nurse is also responsible and accountable for maintaining Basic Life Support (BLS) training and for performing activities that reflect the educational, experiential and competency requirements outlined in the nine (9) dimensions of practice. Specific practice settings include specified home health areas within the community, including home and/or residential settings. The practice of each Registered Nurse is based on knowledge, experience and research and has a direct impact on patient outcomes in the assigned area(s) for this facility and facilities within the community.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Functional Statement #: PD000000
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
* Job family (Series)
* Educators, Health
* Health Educators
* Nurse Practitioners
* Nurses, Psychiatric
* Practitioners, Nurse
* Psychiatric Nurses
Conditions of Employment
* You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
* Designated and/or random drug testing required
* Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
* You may be required to serve a probationary period
* Subject to a background/security investigation
* Must be proficient in written and spoken English
* Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
* Must pass pre-employment physical examination
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement 07/28/2021.
* United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
* English Language Proficiency: RNs appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).
* Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
* Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
* Nurse I Level I – An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
* Nurse I Level II – An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
* Nurse I Level III – An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
* Nurse II – A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
* Nurse III – Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree..
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: see VA Handbook 5005, Part III, Chapter 2, paragraph 7 and VA Handbook 5019, Occupational Health Services at http://vaww1.va.gov/ohrm/Directives-Handbooks/Documents/5019.doc. All applicants must be physically and mentally able to perform efficiently the duties of the position. The population of male and female veterans served ranges from the adult, age 18, to the elderly adult, age 65 and over. VANJHCS is an interdisciplinary teaching facility, serving medical, surgical, mental health, and long-term care inpatients and outpatients. This position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity. This position requires potentially long periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling, and pushing. Transferring patients and objects may be required. The incumbent may be exposed to infected patients and contaminated materials and may be required to don protective clothing in isolation situations or operative/invasive procedures. The incumbent may occasionally be exposed to patients who are combative secondary to delirium, dementia, or psychiatric disorders. The incumbent must be a mature, flexible, sensible individual capable of working effectively in stressful situations, able to shift priorities based on patient needs.
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed