We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
**Sign on Bonus Available up to $15,000**
$10,000 for 0-3 years of experience
$15,000 for 3+ years of experience
This full-time day Respiratory Therapist position is located at Mercy Hospital Springfield in the Respiratory Therapy department.
Performs respiratory therapy treatments and procedures including floor therapy, oxygen and humidity administration, ventilator care, electrocardiograph, holter monitors, cardiac stress testing, pulmonary function testing, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Works in all areas of the hospital as directed by the respiratory coordinator. Able to evaluate patient response to therapy and disease process. Able to evaluate patients critical needs. Assisting with providing on going training/competencies for nursing services.
- Education: Graduate of an American Medical Association approved Registry Program.
- Licensure: Must be licensed by the Missouri Board for Respiratory Care (MBRC)
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- BLS, ACLS Certification required within 90 days of hire
- A thorough knowledge of respiratory care treatment modalities, indications, contraindications and hazards.
- An understanding of ventilator management including the basis of pulmonary diseases, cardiopulmonary anatomy and physiology, pulmonary pharmacology, diagnostic testing of spirometry, lung diffusion, lung volumes, arterial blood gases, electrocardiographs, holter monitoring, cardiac stress testing and pulse oximetry studies.
- Makes recommendations to attending physicians regarding treatments, pain control management, and care of the respiratory patient.
- Must exhibit good communication skills both written and verbal with co-workers, patients and visitors.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We’re bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We’re expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Registered Respiratory Therapist, Respiratory Therapy, Respiratory, Mercy, Springfield, Full Time, Missouri, RRT, CRT, Respiratory Therapists, bronchoscopy, spirometry, bronchoalveolar lavage, neonatology, cognates, pulmonology, NBRC, RRT-NPS, NPS, Days, Sign-On Bonus
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.