Provides respiratory care procedures under medical direction specifically focused on the assessment, treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation, education, and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system as well as on the prevention of the development of these deficiencies. Therapy includes but is not limited to application and monitoring of medical gases (excluding anesthetic gases) and environmental control systems; mechanical ventilatory support; artificial airway care; bronchopulmonary hygiene; pharmacological agents related to respiratory care procedures; basic hemodynamic cardiovascular support appropriate to ages served: primarily adults 18 – 65 or geriatric patient’s ages over 65.May also include care for infant age 0 – 1 year, child ages 1 – 12 or adolescent ages 13 – 17 years. Care is provided within an assigned unit of the hospital, in accordance with accepted clinical practices and established policies and procedures. The focus of patient and family education activities is to promote knowledge of disease process, medical therapy and self-help. Works with other disciplines to ensure a collaborative approach to the care of the patient. May have other duties assigned as required.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice was built in 1999 to serve the healthcare needs of people in Alice and the surrounding communities. The hospital is a Level IV Trauma Center and is licensed for 186 beds and offers comprehensive medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency and intensive care, as well as cardiac and comprehensive services. At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice, Coastal Bend nurses can feel confident they have a place to work that will support them and help them grow professionally. The hospital has achieved the Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), recognizing hospitals which support and nurture their nurses’ development.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Respiratory Therapy program.
- Will accept new graduate from accredited school. One year general adult care experience preferred. One year of Critical Care experience and one year of pediatric or neonatal care experience highly preferred.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist via the National Board for Respiratory Care required.
- RCP-TMB required.
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS certification within 6 months of hire/transfer date.
- South: NRP required within 1 year of hire/transfer date Alice, Beeville & Kleberg: Initial NRP certification required by 10/31/2018.Effective 11/01/2018, NRP required within 1 year of hire/transfer date.
Per Diem As Needed
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed