Radiation Therapist Lead – AdventHealth – Kissimee
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth – Kissimmee
- AdventHealth Kissimmee is a 163-bed community-focused hospital
- Conveniently located near Walt Disney World
- The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties
- AdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded to include a new medical office building, patient tower, and new main entrance
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Assesses the patients’ needs and actively seeks to resolve any potential problems or conflicts. Seeks advice from Site Leader as necessary. Treats the patient in a timely and courteous manner. Handles stressful situations appropriately and demonstrates the ability to communicate with patients of all ages. Clinically observes patient reactions to treatment and assists in accommodating the patient through the treatment process.
- Verifies the physician’s prescription and treatment parameters daily to ensure accurate treatment of the patient in accordance with the prescription and treatment plan. Identifies the treatment volume and positions the patient in a consistent and reproducible manner.
- Serves as a mentor by coaching, evaluating, counseling and educating team members. Provides direct daily supervision to the radiation therapist. Coordinates schedules and maintains a timely and efficient flow within the treatment schedule. Monitors labor, productivity, adjusts staffing schedules to maintain within budgeted parameters based on volumes. Displays effective leadership and supervisory capabilities. Serves as the team leader in the absence of the site leader. Represents leader/department at meetings as necessary. Works with site leader to monitor patient and staff satisfaction surveys and keeping radiation therapists informed of pertinent information. Participates in the hiring process of radiation therapists.
- Evaluates prescribed imaging and makes requested changes within 24 hours. Accurately documents treatment information in the patient electronic record. Utilizes the record and verify system.
- Performs all aspects of CT Simulation. Under the direction of the physician or non-physician practitioner, administers contrast agents during simulation localization. Immediately reports and documents adverse reactions to the managing physician and Site Leader.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum five years’ experience as a Radiation Therapist
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Licensed by the State of Florida as a Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified Computer Literate
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate with patients appropriately
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in healthcare, business or related field.
- Previous leadership experience
- Graduate of a Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) Radiation Therapy Program
The Radiation Therapist – Lead is a registered and licensed professional who is responsible for administering therapeutic radiation in accordance with the physician’s prescription to age specific groups identified in the direct care responsibilities. Serves as a mentor by coaching, evaluating, counseling and educating team members. Provides direct daily supervision to the radiation therapist. Serves as the team leader in the absence of the site leader. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed