Applies ionizing radiation to the adult or geriatric patient in accordance with established standards.
Education and/or Other Requirements
Must be a registered Radiation Therapist, licensed in the State of Illinois. Must be a graduate from an approved Radiation Therapy School. Must be CPR certified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Ability to monitor normal equipment functionality, machine safety interlocks or other indicators ensuring the machine is working as designed.
- Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others.
This position is performed within an environment of exposure to uncomfortable temperature levels, above-average noise levels, and/or potentially injurious elements or conditions are moderate.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is required to stand, bend and reach.
- The employee will regularly be required to lift, push and pull weight of 5 to 40 pounds.
- Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients and co-workers.
- Ability to see details at close range.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to receive and comprehend written and oral communications.
- Plan sequence of operations or actions.
- Ability to work under stress and adapt to changing conditions.
- A high degree of agility, sharply focusing on the current task while also mentally preparing for their next action.
- Comprehend written basic instructions, safety rules, office memoranda at a high school graduate level.
- Ability to comprehend verbal sentences and instructions at a high school graduate level.
- Ability to converse in Standard English at a high school graduate level.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize current and future technologies when simulating and delivering therapeutic treatment.
- Checks prescription, diagnosis, chart and patient identification.
- Positions patient according to prescription regarding immobilization devices, field size, treatment distance, multi-leaf collimator settings, etc.
- Checks daily treatment time and delivers prescribed dose; maintains visual and verbal communication with patient during treatment; observes all safety measures.
- Utilizes and analyzes digital imaging (KV/MV images and CBCT) for correct patient positioning.
- Observes patient for unusual reactions and events; reports to Radiation Oncologist.
- Transfers patient safely.
- Checks and records beam direction devices, protective devices, heavy and dangerous equipment and other equipment; assists in care of radioisotopes if necessary.
- Reports inconsistent operations of equipment to Radiation Physicist and Administrative Director.
- Completes patient documentation (charges, daily dose, missed treatments, port films, chemotherapy treatments, and weekly SSD's, etc.).
- Participates in clinical instruction and evaluation of student therapists.
- Schedules patients and adheres to schedule.
- Remains current in developing trends in the field of radiation therapy.
- Maintains IDNS and ARRT registrations and CPR certification.
- Participates in inservices and other educational opportunities.
- Maintains clear, neat, and orderly work area; maintains appropriate supply levels.
- Maintains quality relationships with patients and employees.
- Explains procedures to patients; reinforces Radiation Oncologist's advice regarding reactions to treatment; maintains patient privacy; addresses patients appropriately.
- Takes weekend and/or holiday calls as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed