Eating Recovery Center
LIFE IS SHORT. DO WORK THAT MATTERS.
Eating Recovery Center/ Pathlight Behavioral Health is a national behavioral health hospital caring for patients and families dealing with eating disorders and other mood and anxiety disorders. We are seeking a full-time Program Therapist who will counsel groups regarding psychological or emotional problems such as stress, eating disorders, or family situations and develop and implement therapeutic treatment plans.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Master’s Level Clinician responsible for running core and advanced therapeutic groups.
To better understand our mission, watch the video: https://youtu.be/c_AZRH24wEk
We are seeking skilled individuals who want to join our team:
- In saving, strengthening and supporting patients and their families
- In believing that it is not about the eating disorder, it is about lasting recovery
- In practicing the belief that quality care is driven by quality people
- In helping restore healthy lives
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates curriculum-based and community support groups
- Cross-trained across Levels of Care and LOS
- Milieu Management
- Highly skilled in-patient de-escalation techniques and in vivo ACT/DBT skills training
- May provide coverage for Primary Therapists
- Will also perform Behavioral Health Counselor 1 & 2 responsibilities
- Compliant with all required documentation
- Updates and accurately communicates information related to patient care to other BHC's on staff
- Supports and mentors Behavioral Health Counselor 1 & 2
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Has a license-eligible Masters’ Level Mental Health Degree or is within 6 months of graduation. Applies for provisional or intern license immediately upon graduation.
- With relevant significant work experience and demonstrated skills supporting patients with similar diagnoses in similar care settings, may accept a current graduate student farther than 6 months from anticipated graduation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Group curriculum familiarity and knowledge
- Group facilitation and therapeutic milieu skills
- Demonstrates responsibility, dependability, consistency, and flexibility given the needs of the milieu and program
- Basic understanding of ERC way and lines of service
- Able to document as necessary to cover therapist or other assigned coverage
- Working to complete pathway for Program Therapist on ERC University
- Knowledge and application of Trauma Informed Care
- Able to provide interventions with compassion and kindness
- Willingness to learn
- Flexibility with schedule and team assignment
- Demonstrates knowledge of the variety of ways clients express stress reactions both behaviorally (e.g., avoidance, aggression, passivity) and psychologically/emotionally (e.g., hyperarousal, avoidance, intrusive memories)
BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Knowledge of and ability to create and edit documents in Microsoft Word, create/edit PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to “figure out” what you need to navigate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel), ADP and position-specific software.
- Knowledge of how to send and receive emails, as well as attach documents to an email and open attachments.
- Ability to copy and paste information and use the Web for research.
- Knowledge of basic computer terminology – reboot, hard drive, flash drive, USB port, etc.
- A competency-driven core culture, offering a great place to work in addition to providing world-class care to our patients
- Competitive wages
- Advancement opportunities
- Excellent fringe benefits
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Account Program
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed