Love what you do; Love where you live
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants are dynamic, fun, patient focused professionals who use their knowledge, skills and energy to carry out the sacred task of helping others to improve their ability to function – thereby bettering lives.
• As you go about fulfilling this mission, your work habits and work relationships should embody SJRMC's values. These values are our culture, our identity as an organization: Sacred Trust, Personal Reverence, Thoughtful Anticipation, Team Accountability and Creative Vitality ask more of us than merely completing some list of tasks. Our values ask for a deeper level of commitment, and what is asked of us we freely give because we believe in our mission.
• Current NM State OTA License
• Sufficient previous experience to perform duties
• Physical demands: refer to Rehab department description physical demands
• BLS CPR
• If Therapist’s routine work schedule is 50% or greater at SJRRH, then current FIM Scoring Competency is preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
Interpretation of O.T. Evaluations/ Discharge summaries/ Re-evaluations/ Daily treatments:
• Are performed & documented in timely manner , may include but are not limited to: Medical diagnosis, medical history, objective physical/cognitive findings, measurable / functional/ behavioral based patient goals, treatment plan ,discharge plan, education and communication as indicated
• Delegation and instruction of the services to be rendered by the occupational therapy assistant or other supportive personnel, including but not limited to specific treatment program with patient goals/ plan, precautions, special problems or contraindicated procedures
• Education and instruction as indicated, including, but not limited to: patient, family, other staff, follow up facilities
• Transportation of patients as needed
• Maintain, gather, clean ,set up all equipment per facility policies
• Daily record Keeping, including (but not limited to) evaluations, daily treatment notes, discharge notes and daily charges, all communication/education provided (per facility / department policy)
• Each employee is responsible for implementing SJRMC’s Service Standards into their daily work:
Safety, Courtesy, Effectiveness, and Stewardship
• Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Environmental Work Conditions:
• ALL Rehab Department jobs may place heavy physical demands on the employee. The amount of time that the employee is exposed to these demands will fluctuate, as there are uncontrollable variables inherent in healthcare: patient’s height and weight, patient’s level of cooperation and strength, specific clinical needs, etc.
• All Rehab Department jobs may require lifting / pushing / pulling varying weights, may exceed 200 pounds
• Activities may include intermittent or prolonged: standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, using the hands to finger and feel, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching with arms, and smelling
• Repetitive motions may also be required, such as: wrist / hand movements, grasping, and finger dexterity (as in typing, writing, faxing, filing papers, etc.)
• The job requires exposure to the following environmental conditions: wet, humid conditions (not the weather), working near moving or mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, risk of vibration
• The noise level will vary from very quiet to very loud
The employee will need to be able to hear:
• Alarms on equipment, fire alarms, and overhead announcements
• Patient/family verbal discussions
• Instructions and feedback from other healthcare providers
The employee will need to be able to see:
• Focus on close-up and distant objects
• Distinguish colors
• Have intact: peripheral vision and depth perception
San Juan Regional Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed