Evaluates and treats patients of all ages, modifying plan of care as appropriate. Serves as a role model in delivery of professional services and as a clinical resource for staff and students.
- Demonstrates ability to perform patient transfers with assistance as needed from bed, chair and floor, if applicable. Is aware of and demonstrates safe and appropriate body mechanics to reduce the risk of injury to self, staff and patients.
- Demonstrates respect by treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect, being empathetic and caring, and staying fully engaged with those who need our services.
- Designs an appropriate plan of care that integrates goals, treatment, outcomes, and discharge plan. Adjusts the care based on patient response and available evidence.
- Educates patients, family, caregivers, students, and other health care providers using relevant and effective teaching methods.
- Evaluates clinical findings to determine physical therapy diagnoses and outcomes of care.
- Performs examination, selecting reliable and valid examination methods relevant to the chief complaint, results of screening, and history.
- Produces documentation in accordance with the Clinical Process Policy (CTSCP67).
- Screens patients using procedures to determine the effectiveness of and need fortherapy services, if appropriate.
- Uses support personnel according to legal standards and ethical guidelines. Monitors the care delivered by support personnel and provides regular feedback.
- Evaluates and implements intervention plans utilizing activities that are functional in nature and take into consideration the functional and emotional needs of the patient/family. Modifies approach in response to patient behavior and performance.
- Utilizes standardized outcomes measures in a uniform manner to ensure functional performance is accurately reflected.
- Completes documentation in accordance with regulatory and organizational standards.
- Collaborates with patient, family and significant others throughout the rehabilitation process and provides education/family training as necessary.
- Provides supervision to PTA and rehabilitation technicians in accordance with regulatory agencies.
- Clearly communicates patient performance, change in status, activity/transfer recommendations, and recommendations for discharge disposition and equipment required for the next level of care with the medical team.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed