MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital
Physical Therapist PT – Pelvic Health PT
The Physical Therapist provides physical therapy services to patients, to include but not limited to screening and evaluation, treatment planning, treatment implementation, treatment re-assessment and revision, patient/client re-evaluation, discharge planning, and documentation in a variety of settings. The Physical Therapist participates as requested in program planning and protocol development and assists the team in meeting established goals.
Education/Training: Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy. Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
Experience: No previous experience required.
License/Certification/Registration: Maryland, District of Columbia (DC), and/or Virginia licensure required as deemed necessary for your specific location(s). American Heart Association’s BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR certification required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Professional competency as a general practitioner in physical therapy; demonstrates independent use of varied evaluation and treatment approaches. Able to work in a team environment; organized, timely, detail-oriented; customer service skills for interacting with patients, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds; takes initiative in following through with all procedures and policies; effective communication; must be able to utilize computer systems
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides evaluation services including review of pertinent history information, performance of specific assessments, and determination of recommendations and documentation of results. Explains evaluation findings and treatment plan to patient and family and incorporates patient and family in the goals setting.
- Demonstrates proficiency in implementation of treatment protocols based upon evaluation findings, the patient's presentation, and the evolving health care environment. Consults with other healthcare professionals as indicated. Recognizes and documents changes in patient's condition requiring modification of the plan of care and/or the need for medical/rehabilitation consultation.
- Completes appropriate discharge planning and follow-up care. Accurately and timely documents and charges for patient care activities in light of our evolving health care environment, painting a clear picture of the patient's course of care including focused initial evaluation/plan of care that establishes baseline and goals, daily encounter notes, interim progress summaries, and discharge evaluation.
- Demonstrates effective time management and meets productivity expectations. Manage an accurate schedule. Is timely and punctual for meetings. Demonstrates a professional commitment to provide frictionless patient access to care through flexibility, adaptability, creativity, and actions/behaviors that display empathy in our patient consumer driven environment.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement teams. Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts. Participates in hospital and community-based marketing activities as appropriate to your role.
- Contributes to the development and achievement of established department goals and objective. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Takes initiative in pursuing and directing continuing education for professional growth and competency for self and organization. Serves as a clinical instructor to assign students. Assists with orientation and mentoring of new staff, students, volunteers, and technicians
- Performs other Duties as assigned
Not sure if you're ready to apply? To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Craig Harbert via email at Craig.S.Harbert@medstar.net or at 202-531-1123.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.