MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, DC. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment. MedStar Georgetown’s healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
The Physical Therapist coordinates daily operations; including consultation, teaching, quality assurance, staff mentoring, and scheduling of patients. The Physical Therapist provides direct PT evaluations and treatments, sets appropriate goals and makes discharge recommendations in accordance with standards of practice.
* Provide direct physical therapy services; including evaluation, treatment, and reassessment of patients in accordance with standards of practice.
* Report on patient progress through appropriate written documentation and/or oral reporting mechanisms including patient team meetings and family conferences.
* Collaborate with physicians and other members of health care team relative to patient treatment and progress as well as other affiliated agencies, in regard to effective discharge planning.
* Supervise and teach interns and other students as indicated.
* Graduate of an accredited physical therapist (PT) school.
* Current D.C. license, or qualified candidate for DC license as a Physical Therapist (license must be obtained within six months of hire).
* Current CPR certification.
* Baseline knowledge of relevant PT practice and flexibility.
* Objectively analyze situations, identify issues, and problem solve.
* Listen effectively and present self orally and in writing.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed