LHC Group, Inc.
- Current Physical Therapy licensure in state of Colorado.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle.
- Evaluates the patient's functional status and physical therapy needs. Assists the physician in the development of the therapy plan of care.
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of physical therapy, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Observes and reports the patient's response to treatment and any changes in his/her condition to the supervising nurse and/or the physician.
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function, and / or maintain maximum functioning using acceptable standards of practice.
- Instructs and informs participating members of the health care team, the patient, and the family/caregivers regarding the plan of care, functional limitations, and progress toward goals.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC policy.
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the PT plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- May supervise home health aides in lieu of a RN if physical therapy is the only skilled service being provided and if allowed per state regulation.
- Provides supervision of the PTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency leadership.
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of services to all patients.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed