We Are Hiring:
Join the care team at St. Vincent’s and start earning more for your experience! St. Vincent’s in downtown Birmingham is hiring for a Physical Therapist.
Department: Rehab Services
Location: St.Vincent’s Birmingham
Shift:8am-4:30pm (Alternating weekends and holidays / rotate working later shifts as needed)
Full TIme with rotating Saturdays and holidays | Excellent Benefit Package
Join our close-knit team of therapists at one of the largest hospitals in the heart of Downtown Birmingham with over 400 beds. In Rehab Services, you will work with an average of 10 patients a day in a family oriented team setting. This is a great opportunity for those who want to continue to learn in their career. We are focused on providing compassionate and personalized care for all.
Why Join Ascension?
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve. Our hospital sits in the heart of Birmingham, so is minutes away from great food, entertainment, and affordable housing.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are thefoundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Culture of Creativity: Associates at Ascension are encouraged to courageously innovate. Working together and thinking outside of the box – that’s how we aretransforming healthcare.
The associates at St.Vincent Birmingham have a strong team approach. You will be heard, supported, and encouraged each day by the team around you!
Ready to fulfill your calling with a company that cares? Apply today!
What You Will Do:
Evaluate and conduct medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.
- Perform initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establish, revise and evaluate a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involve the patient/family.
- Perform therapy intervention utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Oversee activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Physical Therapy (RPT) credentialed from the Alabama Board of Physical Therapy obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension St. Vincent's has been serving Birmingham and surrounding communities for more than 120 years. We employ over 4,800 associates across five hospitals in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more. Ascension St. Vincent’s is committed to providing compassionate, personalized care for all, including our associates. We offer a place of respect and inclusion, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to explore a career with Ascension St. Vincent's today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension St. Vincent Health System is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed