Physical Therapist

Ascension

Apply Now

We Are Hiring:

Ascension PACE of Michigan is looking for a full-time PT that is passionate about working with a team to provide excellent geriatric care. They will function as a member of an interdisciplinary team (IDT) to meet the physical therapy needs of older adults that are participants within a Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elder (PACE).

 

Schedule: Monday-Friday 8AM-4:30PM

What You Will Do:

  • This role includes performing screens for mobility changes to determine appropriate living situations, assessing home environment safety, or changes in fall risk.
  • Completing evaluations with development of an individualized plan of care (POC) to improve or maintain each participant’s mobility, manage their pain, educate them and their family on safety, assess for appropriate assistive device or DME for home, and identify modifiable factors to reduce risk of falls.
  • Support and communicate with an IDT to ensure the participants’ care plan goals are being met and monitored, with updates being made if changes occur.
  • Work with a PTA to carry-out a POC and rest of rehab team.
  • We have a rehab gym in our PACE center in downtown Flint, where 80% of our treatment and assessment are done, but we do commonly go into homes for assessment with nursing or occupational therapy the remaining 20% of the time.

What You Will Need:

Licensure / Certification / Registration:

  • BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
  • Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Physical Therapy (RPT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
  • Drivers License preferred 

Education:

  • Bachelor's degree required.
  • Master's degree preferred.

Why Join Our Team:

As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.

We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.

More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.

Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.

Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.

Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:

Ascension Living is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.

For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:

http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf

EEO is the Law Poster Supplement

Please note that Ascension Living will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension Living will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.

 

E-Verify Statement:

This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.

E-Verify

Apply Now

  • Start Your Telehealth Application Now
  • Max. file size: 128 MB.
Job Overview
Job Location