Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients throughout their coordinated health care journey all while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Responsible for helping individuals maintain, restore, and improve movement, activity, and function, thereby enabling optimal performance and enhancing health, well-being, and quality of life. Physical therapy is provided under a physician approved plan of care and directed and supervised by a Physical Therapist.
- Provides physical therapy services and interventions under the direction and supervision of a Physical Therapist and in accordance with the physician approved plan of care.
- Provides documentation of each visit according to APTA Documentation Guidelines and accepted regulatory standards for inclusion in the patient's clinical record.
- Observes, records, and reports the patient's response to treatment and any change in the patient's condition to the supervising PT, physician, and other appropriate clinical staff.
- Provides resources for future needs and promotes wellness and prevention.
- Supervised by the Physical Therapist in accordance with applicable municipal, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Performs skilled interventions and related tasks selected and assigned by the supervising Physical Therapist, consistent with the plan of care.
- Includes documentation of supervisory activities in the patient's medical record.
- Monitors and documents the patient's response to physical therapy intervention. Communicates responses to the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Participates in patient care conferences, in-services, chart audit activities, quality improvement activities including OBQI and OBQM, and peer-review activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to the physical therapist-client relationship.
- Makes recommendations for follow-up care in coordination with the agency that admitted the patient and utilizes other agency care providers to assist with referrals to community resources.
- Keeps abreast of physical therapy trends and knowledge for the service provision, documentation, and care coordination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full Time Home Care Visits for Baltimore City, Baltimore and Harford Counties
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a physical therapy assistant specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Graduate from an accredited physical therapy educational program as set by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- One (1+) year related physical therapy experience for PTAs entering home health care to ensure that knowledge and skills are sufficient to safely provide physical therapy services to patients.
- If less than one (1) year experience, then approval from regional clinical leaders required as well as appropriate mentoring and/or residency program established.
- Current CPR certification.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed