About MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN)
At MNRN, we are known for our patient focus and providing exceptional access to the best care. Our reputation makes our employees proud. But that's not enough. Working here, you have the opportunity to continuously improve yourself through the meaningful work, the impact you make, the supportive interactions with fiercely loyal colleagues, and the many ways to learn, through mentorship, a diverse patient population, and exposure to a variety of areas of care.
And finally, our employees can see first-hand how they make their patients' lives better, oftentimes developing deep rooted relationships. We strive to provide the best care to our patients and are dedicated to the betterment of each other and a better you.
It’s how we treat people!
General Summary of Position
Provides direct physical therapy services to patients including treatment, training and equipment recommendations under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist. Independently serves as a clinical resource to other staff in areas of expertise. Independently provides staff education, project development, and staff development at supervisor's request. Provides leadership and role modeling for other PTA staff to meet the service's needs.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant School. Associate's Degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant.
EXPERIENCE: No previous experience required
LICENSE/CERT/REG: Maryland, District of Columbia (DC), and/or Virginia licensure required as deemed necessary for your specific location(s). American Heart Association’s BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR certification required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately and timely documents patient care activities painting a clear picture of the patient's course of care under supervision of licensed physical therapist.
- Accurately reports type and duration of services provided to each patient daily on charge tickets under supervision of licensed physical therapist.
- Adheres to schedule. Is timely and punctual in completing work assignments.
- Collaborates interventions with other team members toward an interdisciplinary approach where appropriate.
- Collaborates with the licensed physical therapist to determine equipment needs and assists the patient in obtaining necessary assistive devices/adaptive equipment and wheelchairs.
- Completes appropriate discharge planning and follow-up care in collaboration with supervising physical therapist.
- Demonstrates initiative in contributing new ideas for patient treatment.
- Instructs and trains patients and their families.
- Maintains patient records in collaboration with licensed physical therapist.
- Meets productivity targets for work area established by supervisor.
- Participates in team conferences and family conferences as appropriate.
- Provides effective and efficient patient care under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Provides patient treatment services including review of pertinent history information and delivery of treatment plan under supervision of licensed physical therapist.
- Provides verbal/written reports as appropriate for patient progress conferences where applicable.
- Recognizes and documents changes/response in patient's condition and contributes to modification of the treatment plan in collaboration with, and under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Writes legible daily notes which must accurately reflect treatment received under supervision of licensed physical therapist.
Not sure if you're ready to apply? To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Craig Harbert via email at Craig.S.Harbert@medstar.net or at 202-531-1123.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed