Chapters Health Systems
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
• Graduate of an accredited Speech Language Pathology curriculum with a Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology
• Licensed in the State of Florida as a Speech Pathologist
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in an acute care setting
• Meets the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in speech-language pathology granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association or meets the educational requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised experience required for certification
• Knowledge of principles and practices of speech pathology
• Mobile Driver – Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance per Company policy
• Able to travel and have reliable transportation to meet visit schedule
• Ability to use equipment with visual and auditory mechanisms
• Ability to effectively communicate in English (written and verbal)
• Flexible schedule to meet the needs of patients
• Ability to physically access any home (i.e., navigate stairs and narrow spaces, tolerate heat and lack of air conditioning) in any area Company serves
• Ability to manage stress
• Ability to perform the essential functions and physical requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
• Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
• Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
• Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
• Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
• Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
• Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
• Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
• Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
• Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
• Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
• Advance electronic media skills.
• Support Company research and educational activities.
• Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
• Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
• Provides speech therapy evaluation, treatment, and interventions to program patients.
• Conducts initial assessments and reassessments, upon referral from team, of patient’s condition and functional status and establishes measurable goals and a treatment plan.
• Provides training, guidance, and supervision to program staff and patients/family members regarding therapy.
• Responsible for providing and recommending therapeutic exercises.
• Participates actively in the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) by providing clinical expertise in team planning, problem solving, and processes.
• Fulfills all administrative requirements including, but not limited to, collaboration with Physical and Occupational Therapists and attendance at team and staff meetings.
• Develops treatment program, when indicated, sets goals and provides treatment.
• Records and signs treatments in patient’s medical record; records, signs, and dates clinical documentation.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed