We Are Hiring:
Title: Respiratory Therapist-Transport
Hours: 12 hour shifts, either night or rotating days/nights. On-call not routinely scheduled but occasionally requested. Holidays are assigned annually and weekends are rotated.
Location: Dell Children's Medical Center
The Respiratory Therapist- Transport will do shift hand-off, equipment checks (includes ambulance and transport isolette), review of previous transport documentation, respond to facility requests (Code Blue, clinical requests) if available, perform transports when dispatched. The RT-Transport will work in ambulances, helicopters and airplanes as well as the external/sending facilities. Transport requires the person to function in unfamiliar environments/settings with a high level of autonomy. It is an exciting opportunity for the right person because we are the first contact that the families have with Dell Children’s. The advanced training required for these positions challenges an individual and provides a high level of self-accomplishment.
What You Will Do:
Provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiency during air or surface transport.
- Identify, assess, administer medication to, and stabilize the ill or injured patient during transport.
- Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medications and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition.
- Inspect and maintain equipment and supplies to ensure safety of the transport team and patients.
- May be required to drive an ambulance to transport patients and/or supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Texas Respiratory Care Practitioners Certification Program obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Respiratory Care Practitioner temporary/provisional license will be accepted until license is issued.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following required:
- Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Allow in lieu of Basic Life Support.
- Certified Basic BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Allow in lieu of Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Allow in lieu of Neonatal Resuscitation certification.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- Completion of the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) approved Transport Professional Advanced Trauma course within 12 months of hire or transfer date required.
3 years of experience in critical care (ICU or Emergency department) preferred. The CAMTS program will be completed after hire
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed