SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pediatric Clinical Specialist Registered Respiratory Therapist!
At Wesley Healthcare, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
· Tuition Reimbursement/Student Loan Assistance Programs
· Paid Personal Leave
· 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
· Identity Theft Protection discounts
· Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
· Adoption Assistance
· Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Imaging team. Join us in our efforts to better serve our community!
Here is what to expect in this role: This position will be responsible for being a primary preceptor for new hires in pediatrics, for those orienting to PICU and taking students while attending clinicals in peds/PICU. Shifts would be a mixture of 8 hour shifts and 12 hours shifts with more time working clinically during peak seasonal activity as well as during orientation/clinicals. Duties would include attending PICU/pediatric meetings (2 meetings per month) representing the department, provide education to nursing and be a primary instructor in PFCCS, oversee OBC, and provide education to ED nurses and physicians for pediatric patients.
A few responsibilities of our Respiratory Therapist Clinical Specialist include:
· Represents Respiratory Care to physicians, nursing personnel, administration, department staff, patients and families; maintains positive guest and staff relations regarding all aspects of his/her position
· Takes initiative to maintain professional development by reading professional journals, attending seminars and conferences; keeps informed and updated on department and Hospital information by attending staff meetings, checking electronic communication and departmental postings, etc.
· Facilitates the review and revision of Respiratory Care Policy and Procedure Manuals for your areas of responsibility on an annual basis; includes the RC Departmental manual, Respiratory Care NICU manual and the Pulmonary Function Manual. Assures availability of procedure manuals on the Wesley intranet
· Leads the development of new Respiratory Care Policies and Protocols and revise existing policies and protocols according to current evidence based guidelines; determines and promotes Respiratory Care compliance with protocols, guidelines, or recommendations
· Collects and compiles data on Respiratory Care outcomes and quality measures. Participates in departmental performance improvement projects and quality assurance audits; organizes and prepares data presentations for departmental reports, dashboards and research projects
· Facilitates the development and revisions of all Respiratory Care computerized documentation screens, including Meditech, NeoNotes, electronic medication administration record, visual flow sheet programming and implementation of new applications. Develops and coordinates staff education for all Respiratory care computer applications
· Collaborates with the department Manager/Supervisor to plan the orientation process of new employees. Assists in completing the orientation checklists. Completes orientation process with the therapist after transfer to their assigned shift
· Assists in assuring compliance with guidelines issued by the Joint Commission and other accrediting and regulatory bodies that impact the department
· Collaborates with the department Manager/Supervisor to Organizes, oversee and evaluate clinical rotations for Respiratory Care students
· Represents the Respiratory Care Department on committees inside and outside the hospital and acts as department liaison to the other hospital departments as subject matter expert
· Plans or designs, develops, coordinates, teaches, evaluates and documents educational programming (orientation, in -service, patient education, continuing education, leadership and work team development), supporting departmental/organizational strategic intents
· Performs clinical patient rounds and attends physician rounds to assist in determining appropriate patient care plans. Serves as a resource to staff regarding current clinical practice
· Provides input to the supervisors concerning staff assignments, areas for shift or individual improvement and feedback concerns
· Assists in assessing equipment needs, repairs, evaluation of new equipment/products and preventative maintenance; recommending items for Capital Equipment purchases
· Assists Case Management, physicians and staff in the discharge planning of patients with complex respiratory needs. Participates in discharge planning team meetings as needed
· Assists on special projects as assigned by the department director or manager
· Oversees respiratory patient education program for patients with respiratory diseases / conditions
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies – more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Required Job Qualifications include:
· Current licensure as a Respiratory Therapist by the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
· Current registration through the National Board for Respiratory Care
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course through American Heart Assoc. or American Red Cross – Healthcare Provider CPR)
· Graduate from an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.