Good Samaritan Society
Create Your Career with Us
At the Good Samaritan Society and Sanford Health, our diverse therapy care team offers compassionate care and strives to always put our residents and patients first. Join one of the largest and fastest-growing not-for-profit health systems in the United States, where we have openings available across 24 states and we re proud to offer many development and advancement opportunities.
Facility: GSS ND Mandan Sunset
Location: Mandan, ND
Address: 1011 Boundary Street Northwestand, Mandan, ND 58554, USA
Job Schedule: Full time
Weekly Hours: 40. 00
Starting Rate: $33.00 – $44.00
- Our mission is Dedicated to sharing God s love through health, healing, and comfort
- 100 year legacy as a Christian based organization dedicated to serving others
- We offer the highest quality of care and life possible to residents and clients, so they can focus more on what matters most
- Committed to safety as our highest priority. As caregivers, we commit to the safety of patients, residents, families, and each other because every moment matters every day, every word, every interaction every life!
- Career growth opportunities including Supervisory and Lead roles, Specialty Certifications, and the Senior Therapist Clinical Achievement Program
- The Therapy Governing Counsel ensures the therapists have a voice and ability to influence change
As an Occupational Therapist, you will assess residents/patients and use treatments to help them develop, maintain and recover their ability to perform tasks in their occupations of life. Occupational Therapists who thrive at Good Sam and Sanford are typically good communicators, compassionate, and enjoy working with people. In this Occupational Therapist role you may be asked to supervise assistants, aides, and students as they provide care, treatment, or other services inside the department as well as interact with individuals outside the department like providers, case managers, family members, and more.
- Conducts evaluations and provides interventions for residents and residents
- Evaluates abilities of residents/patients and develops realistic therapy goals
- Documents resident's/patient s information for evaluation and establishes therapeutic plans
- Provides education designed to enhance understanding and improve functional outcomes
- Demonstrates and incorporates knowledge of current research into daily treatment
- Provides ongoing education and training to peers in the area(s) of expertise
Appropriate education level required in accordance with state licensure.
Must be licensed in the state(s) of practice as Occupational Therapist.
When working at a Sanford Health Facility (not required but preferred for GSS Facilities): Must also be certified through the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). When applicable, may require valid driver's license. Obtains and subsequently maintains required department specific competencies and certifications. Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care providers required or within the first 60 days of employment.
In the state of South Dakota and Iowa, new graduates in the process of testing with the board, will be considered with the possession of a temporary license.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. Depending on eligibility, a variety of benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, sick leave and paid time off. To review your benefit eligibility, visit https://sanfordcareers.com/benefits .
The Good Samaritan Society is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Good Samaritan Society has a Drug Free Workplace Policy. An accepted offer will require a drug screen and pre-employment background screening as a condition of employment.
Req Number: R-0105844
Job Function: Allied Health