Occupational Therapist – AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Our team members are nationally recognized for delivering the highest level of care. We offer the latest advances in medicine and provide uncommon compassion as part of our faith-based approach to wellness. Our employees make a difference on a higher level by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. At AdventHealth Central Texas & AdventHealth Rollins Brook, you will receive a competitive salary while experiencing the freedom to deliver the best care for patients’ bodies, minds, and spirits in a way you feel passionate about. There is no better place to make a true impact in the lives of others.
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
§ Located in the heart of Texas, AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook provide care for the citizens of Bell, Coryell and Lampasas counties.
§ Both AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook are committed to reinvesting in the community by offering the services, technologies and facilities to set the standard with the continually changing healthcare industry.
§ As a member of our team of more than 1,000 employees you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth while working in an environment that is centered around our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Must be able to work between both locations in Killeen and Lampasas.
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Performs occupational therapy evaluations; establishes patient goals based on evaluation results, and develops occupational therapy plans to achieve established goals.
· Implements occupational therapy plans in concurrence of referring / attending physician.
· Provides high quality patient care and treatment to facilitate achievement of patient goals, maximize patient functional abilities, and optimize patient outcomes and quality of life.
· Effectively communicates with Occupational Therapist Assistant, referring/attending Physician, patient / family and other rehabilitation team members to ensure coordination and continuity of care.
· Accurately and promptly completes medical record data entry to document patient progress; accurately and promptly completes patient charge entry to support billing for services provided.
· Maintains knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to professional license and ensures continuous compliance.
· Supports the mission, standards and goals of AdventHealth and the Rehabilitation Department by demonstrating behaviors and attitudes consistent a Christian healing ministry.
· May provide clinical, but not operational, supervision to Occupational Therapist Assistants.
What You Will Need:
· Must be Graduate of a college-based or university-based Occupational Therapy training program accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association / Commission on Accreditation in Occupational Therapy Education.
· Must have earned a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy (unless “grandfathered” by the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners with a Bachelor’s Degree.
· Must have a current Texas Occupational Therapist License.
· Clinical Doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy preferred
· Extensive experience in both adult and pediatric patient populations preferred
· Specialty certification(s) in Occupational Therapy: Pediatric Behavioral Feeding Program preferred
· This OT position responsibility is to provide evaluations and treatment for patients within the scope of a licensed Occupational Therapist as defined by the Texas Occupational Therapy Practice Act and the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners.
· AdventHealth Rehabilitation Outpatient Center in Killeen or Lampasas providing occupational therapy services to pediatric, adult and/or geriatric patients as needed, including supervision of COTA.
· AdventHeath Central Texas Hospital Inpatient- Killeen and Rollins Brook Hospital Inpatient and Swing bed – Lampasas.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed