We Are Hiring:
M-F days; occasional weekend and holiday coverage. New graduates welcome and encouraged to apply.
At Ascension Via Christi Hospital Pittsburg, Occupational Therapists work with a diverse patient population and experience a variety of clinical settings. A sampling of our patient clientele include: post operative care for orthopedics, neurological conditions, oncology, lymphedema, etc. Our occupational therapy department provides hospital based acute care services, staffs a 12 bed inpatient rehab unit, and has outpatient orthopedic and lymphedema service lines as well. We value working in a team environment alongside physical therapy, speech therapy, nursing and physicians who place the patient and their needs first. Our therapy team is special in its willingness to work together to provide flexibility in both work and home life.
What You Will Do:
Evaluate and treat patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
- Assess patient's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Design the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implement the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Document findings of patient progress. Monitor and modify the plan of care as needed. Seek consultation as necessary.
- Educate the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plan and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provide information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive
equipment and support programs.
- Oversee the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (OTR) credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
Work or clinical education experience in acute care and outpatient settings.
Why Join Our Team:
For more than 125 years, Ascension Via Christi has been providing caregivers rewarding careers. As the largest provider of health services in Kansas, Ascension Via Christi offers competitive pay and benefits, professional and personal training and development and an innovative work environment. We aim to care for our associates so they can focus on providing compassionate, personalized care to our patients, with special attention to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Via Christi is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed