CHI Mercy Health of Roseburg
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
$43.20 – $57.42
Casual Part Time, Varied
Under the direction of the Home Health/Hospice Rehabilitation Supervisor, the Occupational Therapist is responsible to provide hands on direct care including evaluation, treatment, review of appropriateness of care and discharge planning as a member of the treatment team, as well as monitoring the work of COTA's as needed. The primary purpose is direct patient care, working toward a maximal level of function and independence with each patient, coordinating patient care with other team members to achieve set goals.
- Performs a comprehensive evaluation of the patient and determines the most effective treatment plan.
- Establishes functional treatment goals that are realistic and consistent with the patient's and family's needs.
- Performs client tests, measurements and evaluations as appropriate to show progress, or lack thereof, toward meeting goals according to department standards of care.
- Observes, records, and reports to the physician the patient's reaction to the treatment and any changes in the patient's condition as necessary.
- Instructs other health team members and/or family members in certain phases of occupational therapy with that they may safely work with the patient.
- Responsible to the attending physician for direct patient care and for occupational therapy activities delegated to the family and others, when acting as case manager.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative communications with physicians, other healthcare professionals, and facility departments.
- Monitors the work of Occupational Therapy Assistants, scheduling of patient visits, and discussing treatment plans and goals. Conducts a supervisory home visit per current Home Health regulations.
- Schedules patients on an ongoing basis in an efficient and appropriate fashion with assistance of Home Health Scheduler.
- Interviews patient, family, caregivers, significant others to obtain information about home environment, family relationships, health and psychosocial history.
- Manages assignments with productivity targeted at 4-5 weighted visits per day for Home Health.
- Actively involved in the Quality Assurance Program as directed by the HH/Hospice OT Rehab Supervisor and/or the Director of Rehabilitation.
- Completes required reports and notes according to policy and department standards.
- Documents medical necessity and skilled need for continued treatments in evaluations/re-evaluations, visit notes and progress notes.
- Synchronizes laptop and checks e-mail each day, per department policy.
- Completes annual competency assessment (skills day).
- Current licensure in the State of Oregon or the ability to obtain licensure.
- Must be on the national registration as an Occupational Therapist.
- BLS is required within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess a valid Oregon Driver's License. Driving record is clear of any chargeable accidents involving negligence within the previous 36 months, more than 2 moving violations in the previous 12 months, more than 4 moving violations in the previous 36 months, or any felony conviction related to the operation of a motor vehicle, D.W.I./D.U.I.
- Must be an Occupational Therapist in good standing with successful completion of field work affiliations.
- Must have the ability to practice independently, but be able to work within a multidisciplinary system.
- Home Health Occupational Therapist experience is preferred.
- Must be able to provide own transportation and car insurance.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed