Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families every day. y and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients throughout their coordinated health care journey all while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
As a home health occupational therapist, you will provide one on one therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
- Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to develop and implement a patient specific care and treatment plan.
- Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient.
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines.
- Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and occupational therapy assistants.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice occupational therapy specific to the state the therapist is assigned to work by the Company.
- Successful completion of an occupational therapy program at a school of occupational therapy approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of American Medical Association or the committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to perform home visits.
- One year of occupational therapy experience preferred. If less than 1 year experience then approval from regional clinical leaders required as well as appropriate mentoring and/or residency program established.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed