Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Provides treatment and education to patients for the expedition of recovery, early discharge, and return to independence.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS Education:
– Must be a graduate of an accredited four-year Occupational Therapy school; OR, must be a graduate of an accredited two-year Master's in Occupational Therapy (MOT) program.
– Must have current licensure with the Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners for Texas, or have temporary licensure in Texas. Completion of Texas licensure is required within six months of receiving a temporary licensure.
– Must have current registration as an Occupational Therapist by the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). Completion of NBCOT is required within six months if being hired with temporary licensure.
– Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card.
Skills or Special Abilities:
– Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff.
– Must be able to be flexible and adaptable to frequent changes in the work environment.
– Must be able to demonstrate problem-solving ability.
– Must have familiarity with personal computers, word processors and spreadsheet software.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.