We Are Hiring:
Occupational Therapist Acute Care-PRN-Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin-Austin, TX
Monday through Friday with one weekend requirement per month
Up to 30 hours per week
What You Will Do:
Evaluate and treat patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
- Assess patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Design the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implement the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Document findings of patient progress. Monitor and modify the plan of care as needed. Seek consultation as necessary.
- Educate the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plan and/or assist with patient discharge from therapy services and provide information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversee the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy credentialed from the obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Preferred experience of 1 year in the Acute Care setting
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including two teaching hospitals, Dell Medical School at The University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed