Memorial Health University Medical Center
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Respiratory Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Memorial Health University Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At Memorial Health, we want to ensure your needs are met. As a PRN employee, you'll enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible scheduling
- 401k with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are seeking a NICU Transport Respiratory Therapist for a PRN position on our patient-centered team, responsible for providing the proper and safe administration of respiratory care to our littles patients, including intermittent and continuous therapy, mechanical ventilation, blood gas sampling and analysis, airway management and non-invasive oxygen and carbon dioxide monitoring.
- You will utilize strong assessment skills to evaluate need and implement respiratory care procedures in accordance with departmental protocol.
- You will Initiate, monitor and assess oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy, and airway clearance techniques in accordance with departmental protocol and AARC Guidelines.
- You will actively participate in respiratory emergency activities, including initiation and maintenance of all artificial airways.
- You will initiate, monitor and assess patients on invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilation and utilize weaning protocols and provide mechanical ventilation in accordance with departmental policy and AARC Guidelines.
- You will be responsible for the performance and documentation of blood gases, including preventative maintenance and quality control.
- You will be able to adequately instruct patients and families in all aspects of respiratory care procedures and confer with physicians and nurses to provide interdisciplinary care.
- Graduation from an approved Respiratory Therapy program is required.
- Credentialing as a Registered Respiratory Therapist by the NBRC is required.
- State license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Team oriented attitude and strong customer services skills are required.
- NICU respiratory therapy experience is required.
In 2018, Memorial Health University Medical Center affiliated with HCA Healthcare (South Atlantic Division), one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services. HCA Healthcare has formed its mission and values to be patient-centered and for the good of all people, no matter the circumstance: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. HCA has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 640+ bed hospital in the beautiful, southern city of Savannah, Georgia. The facility opened its doors in 1955 and has evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region employing over 3,500 colleagues. Memorial Health University Medical Center serves as a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 Trauma Center, the region's only Children's Hospital and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. We proudly serve 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
Memorial Health University Medical Center is always looking to grow and further advance in the healthcare industry, earning local, regional, national recognition of excellence. MHUMC uses its vast clinical knowledge, innovative operating strategies, scale and stability to transform healthcare and help our community thrive. Our goal is to create a new standard for excellence that will not only serve our current patients but also change the future of medicine.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed