Provides care for patients with respiratory disorders.
May be eligible for $15000 sign on bonus!
Work Schedule: Full Time Nights
- We are looking for RRTs with a passion for our tiniest patients who have at least level 3 Neonatal ICU experience. We are offering the ability to work solely in the NICU or have a dual position with Adult and NICU patient care.
- Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices. Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance.
- Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment utilizing appropriate protocols.
- Educates the patient and family about the patient's illness and provides information about community resources.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
* Basic Life Support
* Registered Respiratory Therapist – Nat'l.
* Respiratory Therapist-State
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Other information:
Minimum Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
Required Licensure/Certification: Registered as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). State licensure if required by law. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider. Relevant life support certification as determined at position level.
Minimum Experience: None Required.
ADDITIONAL POSITION LEVEL CREDENTIAL INFORMATION: NRP and PALS tracked on units
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
The pay range for this position is: $29.54 – $44.31 / hour. Pay is dependent on applicant's relevant experience.
An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
UCHealth offers their employees a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical, dental and vision coverage; retirement plans; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buy-up coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; and a full suite of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection and pet insurance. Our employees and their family members have full access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes up to 5 free counseling visits and work/life solutions, such as one free legal consultation. In addition, other emotional counseling support is available depending upon their need.
Our NICU is a 50-bed level 3 nursery that specializes in the care of preterm and critically ill newborns. We are a regional referral center for extremely premature infants born as early as 22 weeks' gestation and provide care for babies with a variety of medical conditions. Respiratory therapists are a critical component of our multidisciplinary team, which also includes parents, providers, developmental therapists, registered nurses, and others. Our focus on family-centered care and quality patient outcomes helps promote the best care for our patients and ensures our families feel supported throughout their stay. We have the ability to have respiratory therapists who are solely in the NICU, as well as those who would like to maintain a combination of NICU and Adult care.
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed