|YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME, LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION!|
Music Therapist AdventHealth Winter Park
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
- Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
- Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopedic Institute
- Acts as a resource to team members, participates in team and professional meetings, and gives input as to needs of patients, families and staff. Attends rounds as needed and assists in program development. Instructs interns to be an effective member of interdisciplinary team.
- Responsible for mentorship assignments given by Internship Director.
- Conducts assessments and administers Music Therapy. Leads one-on-one and group music therapy sessions. Communicates effectively with patients ranging in age from childhood through geriatrics. Adheres to the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) scope of practice and competencies and applies the therapy process in pediatric and adult sessions.
- Conducts effective research studies.
- Attends department meetings and functions, staff in-service and community presentations. Provides in-services and presentations to hospital staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Music Therapy
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- MT-BC (Music Therapist – Board Certified) by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- 1,200 clinical hours of music therapy field work which includes aninternship in medical setting
- NICU-MT certification
- Neurologic Music Therapy designation
This position is an integral part of the Mission and Ministry Department. Works collaboratively with staff in attending to the holistic needs of patients, families and staff. Uses music and music therapy interventions to address physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of individuals of all ages. Conducts music therapy assessment and administers therapy to preserve and improve abilities for independent function, behavioral management skills, social skills, symptom management and activities of daily living using music. Offers safe and proper services to patients, families and staff through individual and group sessions. Adheres to all aspects of the department according to the philosophy, policies, procedures, and objectives of the hospital and units of responsibility. Provides mentorship and/or supervision for Music Therapy interns under the supervision of the Internship Director. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Fosters a sense of mission that enhances a culture of Trust, experience of Belonging, and a future of Hope within the hospital and the healthcare team. This position actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed