Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Provides individual, group, marital and family therapy utilizing a variety of treatment modalities. Provides education/information to patient and families and modifies treatments as necessary in response to patient progress.
1. Provides age appropriate assessment, treatment, and care of psychiatric patients. Works collaboratively within the multidisciplinary team to develop a patient specific plan of care. Administers psychological care to patients based on the multidisciplinary treatment plan of care and physician’s orders.
2. Provides brief intensive, solution-focused and cognitive behavioral techniques. Assesses patient’s present status and identifies individual interventions tailored to the patient’s needs, using strong wellness and recovery orientation. Utilizes mindfulness based interventions in psycho-educational group process.
3. Leads psycho-educational groups for patients exhibiting a wide range of psychiatric diagnoses. Assesses and treats individuals living with mental illness, substance abuse or co-morbid conditions.
4. Provides crisis intervention and support to assure patient safety.
5. Assists patients during the admission process and preparation for discharge. Assists the RN in discharge planning and coordination of continuing care.
6. Documents observations, treatment, interactions, behaviors, patient participation and progress, and significant incidents in the patient’s chart. Delineates patient progress towards specific treatment goals. Assists patient and clinical team to modify treatment plan as treatment progresses.
7. Performs computer data entry analysis.
8. Participates in the management of the milieu in accordance with policies and procedures. Identifies with patients and recognizes when services do not meet their needs. Orients/precepts new employees and students. Participates in oversight of colleagues in area of expertise. Teaches inpatient staff about issues in the conduct of psycho-education groups.
9. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Master’s degree in Counseling or Social Work required.
Additional Licensure in Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling preferred.
Excellent communication skills are essential.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
BCLS certification required within 4 weeks of hire
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed