We Are Hiring:
Tuesday – Saturday, 8:30 AM – 6:30 PM
What You Will Do:
Administer therapeutic massage and bodywork modalities.
- Interview patient to determine medical history, condition, desired results and appropriate modality.
- Apply selected modality, concentrating on areas of particular discomfort. Monitor patient's responses to treatment and adjusts, changes or terminates treatment based on feedback.
- Document patient information, interview responses, treatments, feedbacks and results.
- Maintain therapy area in a clean, safe, and organized state. Order supplies as necessary.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Massage Therapist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
State Licensed Massage Therapist, 3 to 5 years professional massage therapy experience preferred. Ideal candidate expertise in Lymphatic Drainage Massage, Prenatal Massage, Deep Tissue Massage as well as traditional Swedish and Neuromuscular techniques.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension St. Vincent's has been serving Birmingham and surrounding communities for more than 120 years. We employ over 4,800 associates across five hospitals in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more. Ascension St. Vincent’s is committed to providing compassionate, personalized care for all, including our associates. We offer a place of respect and inclusion, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to explore a career with Ascension St. Vincent's today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension St. Vincent Health System is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed