To develop and implement daily therapeutic programs for geriatric adults with psychiatric disorders to help improve patients’ social, leisure, psychological, cognitive and physical functioning.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitor patients and complete tasks as assigned.
Assess patients’ leisure interests, functional capabilities, deficits and needs upon admission.
Assist with developing an individualized plan of care as part of the interdisciplinary team.
Encourage patients to actively participate in all daily therapeutic programs.
Develop, plan and implement therapeutic group activities for evening and weekend shifts.
Provide patients with materials for their participation in independent activities.
Provide patient education regarding the importance of continued participation in recreation and leisure activities, as well as exploring new recreation and leisure pursuits.
Maintain patient, program, and department related documentation ensuring that forms are completed thoroughly and timely.
Ensure precaution protocols are followed and participate in hospital emergency codes necessary to the unit’s and the hospital’s safe operation.
Support Behavioral Health Service internal
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the Recreational Therapy field.
- One (1) year of psychiatric experience, or experience in a hospital or Long-Term Care setting.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Three (3) plus years of psychiatric experience, and experience in a hospital or Long-Term Care setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreational Therapy.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) Certification.
- Current BLS is required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) training is required within 30 days of employment.
- Current FL C.N.A license.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed