Memorial Health University Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Lead Respiratory Therapist today with Memorial Health University Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Memorial Health University Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Memorial Health University Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Lead Respiratory Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We are searching for an experienced, Registered Respiratory Therapist to jjoin our patient-centered team in a full-time, day shift position. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
The Lead Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing respiratory care to all patient populations including neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics via approved respiratory therapy and critical care procedures.
What you will do in this role:
- You will provide assistance with clinical education and leadership initiatives, coaching, and hiring for the RT staff.
- You will assist with day to day departmental operations.
- You will maintain compliance with regulatory standards from federal, state and other governing bodies such as JCAHO.
- You will serve as an educational resource for hospital staff and physicians regarding current practices in respiratory care
- You will oversee care of patients, providing support and expertise to staff.
- You will be responsible for workflow of department by ensuring proper staff levels.
- You will create staffing schedules and ensures that staff members adhere to schedule requirements.
- You will ensure that department supplies and equipment are maintained appropriately.
- You will assist director/manager/supervisors with interviewing and recommending new hires.
- You will facilitate and support interdepartmental performance improvement/customer satisfaction activities.
- 3+ years of RRT experience in the acute care setting required.
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- BCLS, ACLS, PALS
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist in the State of Georgia
- NBRC credentialed RRT
In 2018, Memorial Health University Medical Center affiliated with HCA Healthcare (South Atlantic Division), one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services. HCA Healthcare has formed its mission and values to be patient-centered and for the good of all people, no matter the circumstance: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 640+ bed hospital in the beautiful, southern city of Savannah, Georgia. The facility opened its doors in 1955 and has evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region employing over 3,500 colleagues.
Memorial Health University Medical Center serves as a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 Trauma Center, the region's only Children's Hospital and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. We proudly serve 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
Memorial Health University Medical Center is always looking to grow and further advance in the healthcare industry, earning local, regional, national recognition of excellence. MHUMC uses its vast clinical knowledge, innovative operating strategies, scale and stability to transform healthcare and help our community thrive. Our goal is to create a new standard for excellence that will not only serve our current patients but also change the future of medicine.
Memorial Health University Medical Center has earned local, regional and national honors. At MHUMC, we are not content with business as usual. Our goal is to create a new stand for excellence that will not only serve our current patients but also change the future of medicine. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply.We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed