We Are Hiring:
Lead Respiratory Therapist-Full Time Night-Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin-Austin, TX
What You Will Do:
Lead assigned staff in performing activities or tasks in respiratory services.
- Lead or coordinate shift operations of assigned activities, resources, and/or associates.
- Serve as a technical or functional resource and performs similar duties with staff.
- Assign, monitor and review progress of work. Monitor and report compliance with policies and/or procedures.
- Oversee and evaluate orientation and training of assigned associates. May provide input in the review and evaluation of staff performance.
- Perform all duties of a Respiratory Therapist on a regular basis according to hospital age specific guidelines, while maintaining annual mandatory competencies.
- Must be able to provide initial assistance for those needing emergency intervention.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Texas Respiratory Care Practitioners Certification Program obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Respiratory Care Practitioner temporary/provisional license will be accepted until license is issued.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- 1 year of experience required.
- Highly preferred experience in ICU
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including two teaching hospitals, Dell Medical School at The University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed