UT Health East Texas
What You Will Be Doing:
- Providing technical and clinical support of respiratory care services throughout the hospital.
- Keeping current with new developments in the field of respiratory care.
- Evaluating and making recommendations for services.
- Attempting to maintain a high level of didactic and psychomotor skills in order to perform assigned duties.
- Demonstrating proficiency in providing respiratory care services to include but not limited to the following modalities: invasive and non-invasive ventilatory care, aerosolized medication delivery systems, breathing exercises, oxygen delivery (set-up and maintenance) devices, postural drainage, pulse oximetry and bedside pulmonary function testing.
- Maintaining high standards of professionalism.
- Attends appropriate in-service in education both departmental and hospital wide.
- Always practices and promotes good public relations.
- This position requires the ability to follow directions, maintain confidentiality, trustworthiness, orderliness, accuracy, punctual attendance during stated working hours, and the ability to interact with co-workers, customers and visitors in a professional manner.
So what experience are we looking for in our Respiratory Therapist?
High School Diploma or equivalent
Successful completion of an accredited JRCRTE respiratory care training program
- Individual should be comfortable providing care to infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients
- Outstanding customer service skills and desire to actively display those skills to create great connections with our customers, both external (guests) and internal (other team members and product lines)
- Intermediate knowledge of personal computer skills and comfort with Microsoft Windows operating system; database and word processing skills required
- Intermediate knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM corrected of errors
- Ability to operate office equipment effectively
- Organizational skills required with the ability to multitask and handle heavy volume of patient flow.
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong interpersonal communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to embrace the client relationship to guide decisions and actions
- Demonstrates good team work abilities
Certification and Licensure:
Active certification with the state of Texas upon hire only. Recertification upon expiration preferred
Current BLS, PALS, NRP
- Three years experience in acute care setting preferred.
Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and policies
Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together
Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
Ability to sit for long periods of time while completing work on a computer
Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
Ability to move throughout the workplace
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed