Northwest Texas Physician Network
Northwest Texas Healthcare System in Amarillo, Texas is currently recruiting a Clinical Psychologist with Sleep training for a part-time independent contractor arrangement providing Telehealth services to our patients. Provide evidenced-based Behavioral Sleep Medicine treatments for insomnia (including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia), as well as a wide range of other sleep issues, ranging from adherence to sleep apnea therapies to managing sleep problems that arise from a range of medical, psychological, and environmental issues. Responsibilities include establishing and improving sleep psychology protocols working with the Sleep Disorders Medical Director.
Patient care will occur across multiple settings including:
- Northwest Sleep Disorders Center provides an opportunity to integrate into a medical sleep disorders unit and work alongside other sleep clinicians including physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, etc.
- Northwest Behavioral Health represents the hub of inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care at Northwest Healthcare System
- Northwest Physician Group Family Medicine affords the opportunity to provide more of a primary care behavioral medicine perspective on sleep disorders treatment
- PhD in Clinical Psychology or PsyD
- Advanced training in Behavioral Sleep Medicine is preferred, with strong preference for those who have been certified by the American Board of Sleep Medicine (CBSM credential) or Board of Behavioral Sleep Medicine (DBSM credential)
- If the applicant does not hold a CBSM or DBSM, they should be willing to obtain necessary qualifications to take the DBSM exam within 1-2 years.
- Must have completed an APA approved internship and a post-doctoral training in clinical psychology
- Licensure by applicable Texas state board of Psychologist Examiners is required
- Individuals fluent in Spanish are highly encouraged to apply, though this is not required
Northwest Texas Healthcare System provides comprehensive acute care and outpatient services to the 500,000+ residents of the Texas Panhandle and surrounding region. With physicians in over 40 specialties, Northwest is known in Texas and throughout the Southwest and surrounding states for cardiac, stroke, emergency, and childrens services. As the Trauma Center for the 26-county Texas Panhandle and certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center, the hospital treats over 64,000 patients in its Emergency Department each year. Northwest Childrens Hospital is the Panhandles primary Pediatric provider, with nearly all Pediatric subspecialties available through the Hospital and Alliance Regional Health Network. Womens and Maternity services, Surgical services including the da Vinci Robotic system, and Primary Care combine with other key specialties to make Northwest the healthcare system of choice in the region. NWTHS is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services (UHS), one of the largest and most respected healthcare management companies.
NWTHS Behavioral Health, located on the hospital campus, is a 106-bed mental health treatment center for children, adolescents, adults, and seniors. Our facility includes a 16-bed dedicated Uniform Services Unit created for military, veterans, and first responder patients. Substance abuse and Detoxification services are offered to patients suffering from addiction. NWTHS Behavioral Health offers confidential, professional and compassionate care on an inpatient or outpatient basis for patients across the Texas Panhandle and surrounding region.
Amarillo, TX: At 3,672 feet altitude with consistent breezes and low humidity, Amarillo enjoys 270 days of sunshine annually and four distinct seasons. Top-rated schools, upscale neighborhoods with views, and well-appointed country clubs offer families and individuals an exceptional quality of life. Outdoor recreation opportunities are plentiful at nearby Palo Duro Canyon, the second largest canyon in the United States. World class skiing and snowboarding can be found in Taos, NM, only a 5 hour drive away. Amarillo boasts a vibrant cultural arts scene including a Symphony, Ballet, Opera, museums, and art galleries. Sports teams, diverse restaurants and cuisine, great shopping, annual festivals, and a historic downtown with a brand new baseball park and minor league team combine to present a variety of entertainment options. With a metro area population of 300,000 and an international airport with quick flights to other Texas and U.S. cities, Amarillo is an emerging city with abundant opportunities!
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed