Legacy Community Health
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
Mid-level (NP/PA) provider with at least 2 years HIV treatment experience to provide HIV care as a hybrid of telehealth and on campus treatment to our patients.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Utilize virtual technology to conduct telehealth patient visits
- Provide comprehensive HIV treatment, including the prescription of anti-retroviral therapy.
- Routine monitoring of health status via ordering of appropriate laboratory tests and/or imaging.
- Timely review of laboratory and imaging data via the EMR.
- Timely completion of documentation and desktop management
- Participate in department- wide activities including CME, monthly meetings, and required trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Certifications, Licenses, & Training
- Graduate from an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program
- Primary Care Specialty (Internal Medicine or Family Medicine)
- Credentialed and privileged according to Legacy’s standards and practices
- 2 years of HIV treatment experience, and proficiency in the prescription of Anti-Retroviral Therapy
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed