NYU Langone Health
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Telehealth Nrs-Access Ctr.
In this role, the successful candidate In this role, the successful candidate carries out remote patient care responsibilities with emphasis on decision-making. Provides competent, safe and compassionate care based on established NYUHC Patient Care and Nursing Standards and program policies. As a member of the interdisciplinary healthcare team, collaborates with the provider and local site to implement a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care to achieve expected outcomes; utilizes principles of assignment and delegation consistent with the NY State Nurse Practice Act.
- Review physicians messages received from patients though the electronic medical record as per accepted policy and procedure
- Assess messages for urgent situations or needs, and contact patient telephonically for further evaluation and referral to the local site or emergency/urgent care services as appropriate
- Determine proper handling or routing of non-urgent messages based on established guidelines or in accordance with sound judgement
- Communicate effectively with local site pool, staff or provider via telephone or electronic message as appropriate
- Assist providers in contacting patients regarding test results as per provider instruction
- Provide telephonic patient education regarding results and understanding condition management as per provider instruction and nursing scope of practice
- Document provider and patient interactions accurately and in a timely manner using the electronic medical record systems per policy and accepted nursing standards
- Participate in regular debrief meetings with local sites to identify issues or opportunities for improvement
To qualify you must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
3-5 years of clinical experience, preferably in an ambulatory office setting or emergency department, including telephone triage and patient education
Must obtain unrestricted Registered Professional Nursing license in New York and Florida State upon hire
Comfortable with providing patient education related to chronic conditions such as but not limited to diabetes, hypertension, asthma, COPD and heart failure,
Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and independent thinking
Ability to ask open ended questions, identify significant from insignificant responses, ask about other diagnoses, probe for additional information, and redirect as necessary
Excellent communication skills written, interpersonal and the ability to communicate effectively via telephone and electronically
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and Electronic Medical Records, preferably Epic
Excellent customer service skills.
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse Lic- Florida, Registered Nurse License-NYS
Bilingual: Spanish or Russian/Greek
Telephonic care management experience
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Grossman School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed