We Are Hiring:
Why join Ascension St Vincent as a Critical Care Respiratory Therapist? St.Vincent offers a comprehensive team of dedicated critical care transport professionals. Our critical care transport teams are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS). Critical Care Transport program provides 24-hour pediatric, neonatal and Maternal Fetal Medicine critical transport services. Our team is one of the few teams in the country capable of transporting neonates on high frequency oscillation and nitric oxide. Come join our amazing group of Critical Care Transport Respiratory Therapists!
Day/Night/Holiday 24/7 Operation
What You Will Do:
Provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiency during air or surface transport.
- Identify, assess, administer medication to, and stabilize the ill or injured patient during transport.
- Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medication and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition.
- Inspect and maintain equipment and supplies to ensure safety of the transport team and patients.
- May be required to drive an ambulance to transport patients and/or supplies.
- Communicate with the referring and receiving medical professionals, providing safe hand-off for all patients being transported and actively communicating assessments, interventions, and outcomes.
- Actively educate patients, families, and the multidisciplinary care team on plan of care and safest transport caveats.
- Comply with Air Medical vendor limitations and physical requirements.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Certification credentialed from the S.T.A.B.L.E. Program obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Certification specializing in Cardiac credentialed from the S.T.A.B.L.E. Program obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date or Respiratory Care Practitioner prior to 1993 required. (RRT)
- One or more of the following required:
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Neonatal Pediatric Transport credentialed from the National Certification Corporation (NCC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.(C-NPT)
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.(RRT-NPS)
- High School Diploma or equivalent and Graduate of a Respiratory Care program by hire date or job transfer date required.
- Three years of experience in Level III/IV NICU or PICU required.
- Five years of experience in Level III/IV NICU or PICU preferred.
Why Join Our Team:
Serving the greater Indianapolis area and Evansville, Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent has been providing rewarding careers in healthcare for over 148 years. We operate 24 hospitals — in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more — and offer careers in a wide range of services. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. When you join Ascension St. Vincent, you join a diverse team of more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers who are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all — especially to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension St. Vincent is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed