Kitsap Mental Health Services
Child & Family Therapist | Counselor | Social Worker
As a Child & Family Therapist on our WISe Team, you are dedicated and driven to help kids and their families in crisis. You love collaborating with a hands-on team approach using evidence-based behavioral health practices that help ensure the quality care of your clients. You love to provide counseling services as needed to help youth identify their goals, needs, and deliver resources in order to prepare for engagement in therapy. You're a therapist, counselor, or social worker who loves outreach in a variety of community locations including the client's home and school. At the end of the day, you enjoy going home knowing your efforts directly impacted your kids and families, community, and neighbors!
- Comprehensive and generous health, dental and vision benefits
- 19+ days of PTO and 8 paid holidays your first year
- An incredible team approach that is dynamic and collaborative
- Loan Forgiveness, training, and extensive education available
- Multiple locations and opportunities close to home
- Advancement opportunities available within the agency
- Free Employee Assistance Program and parking
- Full Time, Part Time and PRN positions along with flexible hours for professional advancement
WHO WE ARE
The grass really is greener on our side of the water! Come join us on the beautiful Kitsap Peninsula, where scenic vistas, outdoor activities, and historic towns offer many options for exploration just across Puget Sound from Seattle. Residents enjoy a peaceful, unhurried, affordable lifestyle, along with the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds. Seattle is a water commute away via fast ferry passenger service or the WA State Ferries, and Tacoma is a modest highway drive. To learn more, check out www.visitkitsap.com.
Kitsap Mental Health Services (KMHS) is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization filled with compassionate people doing important work. Weve been transforming lives and our community since 1978, helping our neighbors with mental and behavioral health challenges to achieve healthy, productive lives. As one of the largest non-profit employers in Kitsap County, our 500+ employees provide a comprehensive range of services to over 6500 children, youth, adults, and families annually.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Provide effective – clinical services, using best practice standards, including evidence-based treatment models to eligible children and families in the community.
- Collaborate with schools, social service agencies, and other providers to ensure continuity and quality of care.
- Build teams utilizing natural supports to support the families in WISe.
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed during the workday including consultation with DMHPs, team members, and supports. Assist families to build unique crisis plans.
- Provide outreach services to clients and their parents/guardians.
- Complete and maintain all required appropriate clinical and administrative records in a timely manner, using Collaborative Documentation when appropriate.
- Function as a team member of the program, collaborate regularly, and participate constructively in problem-solving.
Our recruitment processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any aspect which makes someone unique.
WHAT YOULL BRING
- Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or a related field required.
- New Graduates with a Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology are Welcome to Apply!
- Two years experience working with children and families preferred.
- Experience providing wrap-around services preferred.
- Child Mental Health Specialist and Washington License (LICSW, LMFT, MHP, or LMHC) preferred.
- CANS certification required within two months of hire.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Requires valid drivers license with acceptable motor vehicle report and reliable, insured transportation while doing work-related driving.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, creed, marital status, age, Vietnam era or disabled veteran status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability.
Please be sure to check out other Therapist, Social Worker, Mental Health Professional, Counselor, Psychology, and Behavioral Health Clinician roles with KMHS as well.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed