Albertina Kerr Centers
We're seeking a Child and Family Therapist to support our group home programs for youth who experience Dual Diagnoses of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) as well Mental Health challenges. This position will provide services to youth in group homes in either Multnomah County or the greater Hillsboro area. As a Child and Family Therapist, you'll coordinate and provide mental health treatment to achieve the best possible outcomes, in the timeliest manner possible, and within the most efficient utilization of available resources. Additionally, you'll ensure clinical work actively incorporates client and family voice and choice, and complies with OAR, license and payer requirements. This position currently provides both in-person and remote therapy to clients served.
Join Our Team. Get a $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Child and Family Therapist I does not require professional licensure and operates under the supervision of a licensed mental health practitioner (LCSW, LMFT, LPC). Pursuit and achievement of relevant professional licensure within three years of hire is a key requirement of the positionand, well help you get there! Kerr provides supervision towards licensure. Our Child and Family Therapist II position requires licensure (LCSW for MSW degree holders, LMFT or LPC as appropriate for other clinical Masters degree holders). All therapists provide limited, paid on-call support for one week every other month.
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to provide mental health treatment and support to youth with intellectual and developmental delays!
All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to beginning work.
- Provides and implements individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Provides and implements effective team coordination and collaboration with direct line staff, teams, and leadership including attending regular staff meetings, as required.
- Provides competent, therapeutic coordination of care according to the relevant OARs and ISSRs.
- Consistently provides adequate supervision, clinical guidance and oversight on shared cases with Skills Trainers, Behavior Specialists, direct line staff, or Family Support Specialists through routine consultation and direction as scheduled and defined in the OARs.
- Coordinates client and family services and activities with other agencies and community resources and providers in congruence with a team based approach.
- Ensure development and implementation of comprehensive, individualized Individual Service Support Plan for each client and family.
- Participate in training sessions, supervision and meetings, as required.
- Ensure all documentation is completed in accordance with the OAR, contract, and organizational standards and maintains current authorizations.
- Completes all training requirements.
- Actively pursues and attains individual professional licensure in a relevant clinical field (social work, marriage and family therapy, or professional counselling). Licensure must be attained within three years of hire.
- Creates and helps coordinate client and family after-care and discharge plans coordinating with other agencies, community resources, and providers in congruence with a team based approach.
- Participates in the clinical after-hours on-call rotation, providing prompt crisis support by phone or in person as required.
- Maintains appropriate professional boundaries with children and families, including maintaining confidentiality of client information as required by various laws and agency requirements. Follows laws related to mandatory abuse reporting.
- Paid medical, dental, and vision; basic life & accident insurance ; and, short- & long-term disability employee benefits
- Paid continuing education and professional development opportunities
- Tax-free student loan repayment assistance – up to $5,250 per year
- Support for clinical supervision toward licensure with salary increase upon licensure
- Flexible schedules, 7 paid holidays, and generous time off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial counselling
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)
- Masters Degree in social work, counseling psychology, child and family therapy or art therapy from an accredited college or university that meets the requirement for Oregon licensure in clinical social work, marriage and family therapy, or professional counseling.
- Eligibility for relevant clinical licensure in the State of Oregon.
- Proven ability to provide Individual and Family Therapy.
- Specialized knowledge and skills to provide appropriate clinical services based on the age, growth, development, and culture of children served.
- Proven ability to facilitate interdisciplinary treatment team meetings.
- Excellent written, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate computer skills sufficient to maintain calendars and clinical documentation, complete routine assignments in Microsoft Office, and similar tasks.
- Two years relevant experience working with similar populations in an accredited facility is preferred.
- Consistent, punctual attendance to provide in-person clinical services and to participate in meetings with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to build appropriate relationships and relate effectively with children and families served and internal and external parties.
- A valid drivers license and the ability to meet agency driving requirements.
- Reliable means or methods of transportation to provide in-person child and family therapy at a variety of Kerr or client sites, during the regular workday and when on call.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed