WellStar Health System
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
We have an immediate opening for a full time Charge Respiratory Therapist, who is responsible for directing and overseeing the daily activities of the unit on an assigned shift. The Charge Respiratory Therapist functions is responsible for using independent judgment in coordinating the overall functions and activities of the Respiratory Care department on a designated shift to assure successful safe delivery of care, facilitates the direction of personnel/clinical activities of the department on the designated shift, serving as a resource/support to the staff, physicians, patients, families, and other departments, will be involved in direct patient care and may take a modified patient assignment, implements and monitors Performance Improvement processes, Customer Service and Safety and Quality initiatives for designated shift.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited respiratory therapy education program (CoARC or CAAHP) with minimally 20 quarter hours of science (B.S. degree preferred).
Required Minimum Licensure
- NBRC credential as an advanced level RRT Respiratory Care Professional and holds
an active GA Respiratory Care Professional License.
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum two years’ experience of respiratory care practice that includes sufficient clinical and leadership experience to ensure competence
- BLS/ACLS certified, NRP/PALS preferred
Required Minimum Skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills: Inter and Intra-departmental coordination of patient care activities
- Delegation skills required
- Ability to multi-task essential
- Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential
- Strong detail orientation required
- Computer skills required: Personal time management skills are required
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed