We Are Hiring:
The Expressive Therapy Team at Dell Children's offers a variety of activity-based therapeutic modalities.
Shift: Rotating shifts usually 8-4:30pm to include Saturday and Sunday running varying groups sessions, charting, and conducting 1×1's with patients.
As a member of the ET Team, you will conduct expressive therapy assessments, facilitate activity-based group therapy sessions, and provide discharge recommendations for continuing treatment for patients with thought, mood, personality, and/or substance use disorders.
Preferred candidates for this position will be engaging, self-motivated, and able to actively manage potentially challenging behaviors as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team. Experience with acute-care psychiatric patients is not required, and training will be provided. Must have weekend availability.
What You Will Do:
Develop and implement art therapy treatment plans.
- Conduct patient assessments and establish art therapy treatment goals.
- Evaluate each patient's progress and the effectiveness of art therapy interventions.
- Coordinate therapeutic art activities for both large and small groups. Observe patient response and encourages socialization.
- Provide patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic art activities in the community.
- Coordinate patient care with other members of the healthcare team to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Therapist specializing in Art credentialed from the Art Therapy Credentials Board (ATCB) required.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Art Therapy required.
- Master's degree preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including two teaching hospitals, Dell Medical School at The University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed