Duke Nursing Highlights:
* Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet® organization
* Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
* Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
* Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
* Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
* Relocation Assistance!
Registered Nurses who have at least 3-4 years experience are strongly encouraged to apply
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in ambulatory clinic settings in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
* Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in ambulatory settings, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures, under the supervision of the nurse manager, charge nurse or practice manager.
* Collect and analyze patient data, make recommendations for nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriately nursing actions taken and patient responses.
* Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
* Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of patient care and serve as a team leader.
* Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care, including equipment and material resources.
* Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
* Support the development of other staff and formal learners. Participate in the identification of clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities.
* Participate in clinic or entity level performance improvement activities.
* Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed