Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Activity Therapist provides activity therapy services at the direction of site supervisor. Maintains effective communication with the Facility and The Company staff.
- Associate or bachelor's degree in activity therapy, therapeutic recreation, or related field
- Experience providing services to a mentally ill population and/or certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Any other certifications (such as First Aid) as required by site contract
- Responsible to provide activity therapy services to patients in the facility in accordance with the policies and procedures of both The Company and the Facility, and be consistent with recognized standards of activity Therapy.
- Responsible to provide activity therapy services under the direction of supervisor.
- Make sure to interrelate and work effectively with other Facility and The Company staff.
- Responsible to abide by the security regulations and limits of confidentiality of patient information requirements of the Facility.
- Conduct MHP Segregation Rounds (at some facilities) as directed by supervisor.
- Provision of a program of activities for patients as assigned by Supervisor to include, but not limited to the following: a. Task Groups: Individual or group activities that promote the development of basic skills, promote the ability to interact in a group setting, and provide the patient with self-esteem through a sense of accomplishment. b. Socialization Groups: Opportunity to participate in group recreational activities to promote social skills. c. Community Meeting: To encourage patient participation and active involvement in group problem solving. d. Education/Recreational groups (e.g., "Life Skills", "Current Events", 'Crafts'). e. Engagement in unstructured recreational activities (e.g., board games). f. Engagement of patient in conversation to promote inter-personal communication. g. Opportunity for individual and group physical exercise activities. Availability of appropriate activities material (e.g., magazines, puzzles, writing/drawing materials).
- Monitoring and documentation of patients' involvement in activities. Specific duties include the following: a. Regular monitoring of patient's program involvement. b. Monitoring of patient's condition. This may include Segregation Rounds at some facilities. Notification to a Qualified Mental Health Professional of significant changes in functioning. c. Provide individual activities for patients unable to cope with the group activities as assigned. Document patient involvement in activity therapy using progress notes in the patient's health record
- Participation in in-service sessions, staff meetings, and treatment team meetings as scheduled by Supervisor.
- Notification to Supervisor in a timely manner of patient or departmental problems requiring attention. Request additional supervision when indicated.
- Notification to Supervisor when supply inventory requires attention.
- Compliance with employee standards of The Company Solutions, as well as applicable employee standards of the Facility. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working environment and personal appearance consistent with professional responsibilities, development of harmonious working relationship, and timely notification of supervisory personnel of absences from institution.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post Orders, if applicable, per site contract
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed